Almost a year ago I’ve finished oil painting on HDF canvas panel of Nikola Tesla ( see it here…)
From all available Tesla photographs, one is inspiration for previous portrait in sepia, and this one.
Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was an inventor, mechanical engineer, and electrical engineer. He was an important contributor to the birth of commercial electricity, and is best known for his many revolutionary developments in the field of electromagnetism in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Tesla’s patents and theoretical work formed the basis of modern… modern world.
This painting I have the idea to finish it wit a blue layer. To do that , and to have effective portrait painting, first some of underlayer stages…
Here is painting in progress of version 2…
Nikola Tesla – Blue Portrait
Size: 40x30cm (16x12in)
Surface: HDF Canvas Board
1. After drawing I’ve painted a basics of portrait with burnt umber,…
2. Umber layer 2 … and some more burnt umber,…
3. Instead of painting full “dead under layer” I’ve painted Semi Verdaccio layer
4. Final under painting … and some more details, before final phase
5. Blue Layer (after this only a few left)
6. Final and Finish phase… Nikola Tesla – Blue Portrait – Oil Painting by Topalski